3 Days

   We have only three days until our first city connexx group comes!! I am excited to see all that we can accomplish together, and get to know these teens and adults. Being able to open our home is one of our greatest joys. My college roommate was our first official guest this past weekend, and this group from Nebraska will be our second official guests (there are just a lot more of them). 
    I feel extremely behind. My first week here, I ended up doing very little, so now I feel like I'm rushing to catch up with everything. I keep reminding myself, it will all work out. Things rarely go as planned, and that's OK. Things will be good, even if they don't go as planned. 
    Last night I put together a work board for them, with projects color coded by priority. Since there are so many people coming, I hope we'll be able to get a whole lot more done than I anticipate, but I've learned the past several days, that all sorts of things can come up. 
    Example: I went to set up for the group this afternoon and the air conditioning in the sanctuary isn't working right. Thus, it might be a very hot week. This was not part of the plan. However, even though this is outside of our plan, the air at the house works great, the air in the upstairs of the church works great, and water is plentiful. It'll all work out. 
    It was pretty amazing to see the sanctuary set up for the group. 

    I took a picture so you could check it out. Everything is dirty, the basketball hoop has to go outside, but it's so exciting to think that in just a few days people will be in here, worshipping. 
    One of the projects the teens will be doing, is to take the plexi glass off the stained glass windows, and clean them well. I couldn't wait to see what they are going to look like from the inside though, so I rolled up all of the shades that weren't broken. 

     This is what they look like from the inside with the light shining through. There is a lot to do, but I am so excited about the days ahead. 

This entry was posted on Thursday, June 12, 2014. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

2 Responses to “3 Days”

  1. Our Youth from Fremont NE are the ones you are speaking about..we pray they will work hard, have fun and know this new Mission Church will be a blessing to all that come.
    Thank you for guiding them and taking care of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should be so proud of your teens! They were phenomenal! The other teens coming this summer have a high standard set for them.

      Delete