I Had a Dream

     I had this crazy dream last night. I was in a long line with a bunch of other people waiting to get chosen to enter this huge stadium for something. As dreams go, it wasn't entirely clear why I was there or what I was doing, but lots of people seemed to know me. Only, they weren't calling me by my name they kept calling me "the comeback kid".
    One woman called me the "Comeback King" and I said "do I look like a 'king' to you?"
    It was all very odd, but people knew me. Then my subconscious started to piece things together for me. As I stood in the line, I was given a blogger press pass, and people kept talking about my church. There were even a few people who I know there who came up and asked me about my ministry and how proud I must be.
   People got rowdy as someone came out, and it was a very tall beaming young man in a basketball jersey who waved to me and was telling the press something about his pastor, and his church. Then I woke up.
   I told you it was crazy.
    Maybe I could send it in and have it analyzed. It was weird, but it was a bit cool at the same time. I don't know if I really want to be a famous blogger/celebrity pastor, but there was something cool in the dream about being known as the one who helps to restore things. To be a person who someone looks at and says "that's her, she made a difference in my life, and that's why I'm here."
    I'm no Daniel, so I'm sure the dream is not some premonition of 7 years of famine, followed by 7 years of famous, or something. What I do know, is that while I have a limited desire to be famous (I could say none, but I'm still human, and those bright lights are attractive at times), I do have a deep desire to bring about "Comebacks". That I have a deep desire to see an old empty church building be alive with activity again. That I desire to see lives brought back to the heart of God. That maybe one day, some young adult will be wearing a basketball jersey talking about the difference his/her pastor made in their life.
    This morning I laugh and reminisce on a crazy dream, but at the same time, I hope and pray that the part about orchestrating comebacks is true. That I am a tool for restoration in the hand of God for the world.

This entry was posted on Tuesday, May 13, 2014. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply