Mustard Seed project Update: Days 2, 3, 4, and 5

Birthday good deeds day 2, 3, 4, and 5 (and some day 1 stuff I missed):
    After I published my last post, a few more fun things happened. We had my brother-in-law, sister-in-law and her boyfriend over for dinner. Having people over is a great joy for us, and we had a great evening full of laughter and food. I also got a little treat for my bro-in-law.
   

     It's just a silly marketing gimmick, but I thought of him. It's nice to be thought of so act number 3 was getting this little treat for him. Act 4 was having them all over for dinner.
      Day 2 I wasn't as successful in my acts of kindness. Our friend was still here, and we had a laid back day. We got pedicures, walked around the mall, and watched a movie here at home. It was fun, and we hope she had a great time of rejuvenation
     Day 3 we spent the whole day with family out on the boat, in extremely cold weather (for August). We just sat in the harbor eating food and talking. I also got to meet some family I hadn't yet met, so act number 5 is spending time with family. I think sometimes we take for granted how much spending time with our extended family means to others. It's good for their hearts, and it's in turn shining light on the world. Especially if those family members are elderly, or can't get out much, spending time with them is a great small thing to do with a big impact. 
     Day 4 and 5. Monday and Tuesday I prepped a whole bunch of acts to do today and tomorrow. I'm very excited about these. I also surprised Mac with a coke with his name (act 6), and some of my upcoming acts have to do with these coke names as well. I think it's really awesome to be thought of, and know someone thought of you, even if it's in such a silly way. 
     
     I mailed 4 cards to people who I really need to say thanks to. I have a lot more that need to go out, but I hope these 4 small gestures help these people know how much I love them. (acts 7, 8, 9, and 10). I also got a package ready for a new teacher we know. 
     This might ruin the surprise for her, but it's really just a sneak peak. It's so expensive to stock a classroom, when most of those expenses have to come out of pocket. There are also lots of students who come to school without the supplies they need. I stocked some good stuff for her, and am mailing it out tomorrow! I hope this helps her in a small way to start well and share her love and light in these young lives (act 11).
      The last act I did was make a whole lot of cookies for my neighbors. We have yet to deliver them, but they are all ready to go out this evening. We are giving them to all the neighbors on our block, which means 10 acts of kindness in our corner of the world! 
      


    A couple more cards and packages are getting prepped to go out, and I have a few ideas left to carry out. I wanted to buy someones Starbucks the other day at the drive thru, only no one was in the drive thru behind me, so that didn't work out as planned. 
    I hope beyond these small acts that I'm trying to do, that I've been a source of joy, a smile, or a laugh for someone this week. 
    Today is my last day in my 20's, I'm hoping to make it a good one! 


This entry was posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2014. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply